Sunday, May 01, 2011

THE Wedding... and the Royal Hatter, Philip Treacy

Well, like most of you out there I tuned into the Royal Wedding.  I was a bit indifferent about it all in the lead up, but when the time came, I was as glued to the TV screen as anyone else.  Look, it's pretty compelling viewing isn't it what with all the grandeur, pomp and ceremony... and of course a little glamour thrown in for good measure.  Kate's dress - well it's hard to find fault with it but I was a little underwhelmed.  I think I preferred the evening version of it with the fluffy bolero.

I quite liked Pippa's bridesmaid dress though and bet that will inspire a few 'real' wedding dresses out there.
via telegraph.co.uk
There are lots and lots of blog posts at this stage discussing the wedding party's style along with that of the celebrity guests (by the way, TPT's electric blue outfit - still can't make my mind up on that).

via telegraph.co.uk
I've enjoyed looking at many of these posts and throwing in my tuppence worth via the comments box.  So I thought I'd do something a little different in my Royal Wedding post and focus on one of the key accessories of the occasion.  And as the milliner to the Royals (and to many stars) is a Stylish Irish, Mr Philip Treacy, I think this is rather fitting.


I believe Mr Treacy made 36 hats in all for various guests at Kate and Will's wedding.  Here are my five favourites:
Lady Frederick Windsor via telegraph.co.uk
Princess Marie Chantale of Greece
Zara Phillips via telegraph.co.uk
Charlene Wittstock, the fiancée of Prince Albert of Monaco via telegraph.co.uk
Miriam Gonzalez Durantez via telegraph.co.uk

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Ooh, I missed the Princess Marie Chantale of Greece. Love it! Glad to have found your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...