Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sarah's House 4 - First Impressions

One of the TV shows I currently have programmed to record on MySky is Sarah's House (Season 4).  It's an interiors show from Canada where designer, Sarah Richardson, buys a home from plans in a new subdivision and transforms it from "a builder's beige box to the home of your dreams".  I first came across Sarah and her little helper Tommy (he cracks me up) in Sarah's 101, which also aired on Sky TV down here.
The latest episode I've seen (Episode 3) is where Sarah and Tommy decorate the hallway and I must say I am rather smitten by the end result.  The paint colour around the door, which was also applied at the other end of the hallway, is called "elephant" and I love the combination with the parchment colour on the side walls, the dark wood and the citrus accents. 
To be honest, I love every detail of this - the strip of marble tiles by the door, the train print over the credenza, the combination of the floral print upholstered chair with the zig zag print cushion and THAT rug, which believe it or not is from Ikea. I LOVE that rug and yet again lament the fact that we do not have Ikea in NZ!
Now, if you wish to find out more about Sarah's House and even watch episodes check out hgtv.ca/sarahshouse.  If this post hasn't already tempted you, maybe the Image below of some gorgeous wallpaper also featured in the "First Impressions" episode will do it for you instead!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

ogl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...